What is Holistic Coaching?
I believe in the interconnectedness of all areas of life.
When we lack harmony we feel agitated and stuck. Spinning in a vicious cycle of old ways of coping, you end up holding yourself back.
Holistic Coaching looks at you as a whole being and identifies what is out of harmony with your desires and goals.
You are helped to:
1) Clear out old self-limiting thought patterns;
2) Develop coping skills to be your best self even in stressful situations; and
3) Aim towards solution-focused strategies.
The benefit to you is that you are able to lead a harmonious and fulfilled life.
Holistic Coaching Supports Shows You:
- 💡How to harmonize thoughts, speech, and behavior to find fulfillment in all areas of life.
- 💡How to navigate through life challenges: serious illness, traumatic events, divorce, starting over, etc.
- 💡How to leverage your strengths and find a way around obstacles.
- 💡How to rekindle your relationship with imagination and use your energy to attract what you want.
My coaching philosophy is designed around creativity, spirituality, practicality, and a little science.
I don’t simply tell you what I think you should do. Together, we identify what areas of life are out of harmony. We develop a road map that includes what is most important to you while leveraging your strengths. Then, I give you the tools to thrive and be at peace.
As a Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Coach, I use proven strategies based on your learning style. You’ll enjoy a holistic approach: discussion, reflection questions, stories, visualizations, creative exercises, reading material, songs, movies, and nature.
Benefits of Holistic Coaching
Holistic Coaching can have many benefits but here are just a few, depending on what you need:
- ✔️Alignment with Core Values
- ✔️Growth in Confidence, Decisiveness & Assertiveness
- ✔️Have More Authentic Relationships with Others
- ✔️Set Healthy Boundaries Without Feelings of Guilt
- ✔️Strengthen Your Self-Talk with Greater Psychological Well-Being and Results
- ✔️Release Yourself from the Burden of Unnecessary Limiting Beliefs
- ✔️Live with Purpose, Excitement & Passion
- ✔️Reframe Your Life Story for an Empowering Personal Identity
- ✔️Resolve Inner Conflict
- ✔️Map Your Future with a Detailed Action Plan Right for YOU
- ✔️Access Higher Levels of Creativity
- ✔️Limit and Change Unwanted Habits & Behaviors
It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are – not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within – that you can begin to take control.Oprah Winfrey
When to Consider Holistic Coaching
Have you wondered
- “What is my purpose?”
- “How can I be happy and joyful regardless of my circumstances?”
- “Will I be okay?”
- “How can I be more confident and courageous?”
- “Why do I feel so anxious in new environments?”
- “How can I find peace?”
Shearsmith, A. (2011). An exploration of holistic life coaching for breast cancer survivors. International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, SpecIssue 5, 120–138.
These are just a few of the questions that are directly linked to resilience.
⚠️Holistic Coaching may NOT be For You If…
Hold Up. Wait a Minute.
You must inform your coach if you…
- Suffer any severe mental illness, such as schizophrenia, clinical depression, or bipolar disorder. For this, you require a mental health professional.
- Are coping with hard addictions to drugs or alcohol.
- Are dealing with severe trauma from events such as rape or physical abuse.
- Easily get angry when someone challenges your beliefs or when you receive feedback.
- Are not open to exploring new ideas.
- Don’t have time to commit to one session a week plus tasks.
**Some exceptions may be allowed when in collaboration of psychotherapy sessions. Ask Coach during consultation.
There will be tasks (I call it “Opportunity Work”) assigned after each session. You are strongly encouraged to complete them prior to the next session to get the best results. This is your life and your commitment to the process determines success.